Wednesday, February 11, 2009

making progress

well, on Feb 7th at 8am we had our USCIS fingerprint appointment and on monday we got our completed homestudy report in the mail! So now, we need to send the homestudy report to USCIS, and... wait. But that's good, I feel like we're making progress, really! I'm gonna call the embassy of Rwanda in DC tomorrow and see if we can take the paperwork there in person ,and maybe make a cherry blossom/adoption paperwork short trip soon.
Sorry I've been off of updates, we've all been sick and tired and lazy-feeling. I have strange foot/mouth blisters that I must have caught from Emilia- she started her 1st week of daycare at the church last week and it didn't take long to spread the associated germs around. It also breaks my heaart to send her!!

2 comments:

Vincents said...

That's great that things are moving. Do you have an actual # for the Rwandan Embassy? Lucky you if you do :) I saw your post on our blog and wanted ot let you know that as of right now we still don't know if our documents have to be authenticated. Our paperwork is on the desk of someone who might be able to approve it early this week and we will know more by monday or tuesday.

Ashley Smith said...

Yes! I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Bring them on :) My email is ashleysmith at brightok dot net.

our visitors