Saturday, May 30, 2009

Paperwork Tango

WEll, I haven't posted much lately but we've been in a paperwork tango, trying to get our last 5 docuemnts authenticated (2 birth certs, 2 dr letters, and guardianship form). I took everything to harrisburg (notarized copies) only to find out its "illegal" to photocopy birthcertificates. Nevermind that the PA notary notaried our photocopies of birth certificates, charged us and never mentioned that little fact. Now, to make it crazier, they DID authenticate MY californai birth cert copy since that did not say "illegal to photocopy" on it. But Bill's PA cert did say that, so they rejected it. I have to go get an official state copy, they have THAT notarized, AND authenticated, even though it's an official state document.

The paperwork in this process is A JOKE, AN ABSURDITY, A PRACTICE IN IDIOCRACY.Mind you no where, by no one, are our documents certified to be authentic. Just that's it's our signature. I could have photocopied all fake stuff and everyone would have happily authenticated it as long as a notary somewhere will stamp it.
And take my money along the way. BOGUS.

Sorry to vent. Thanks.

3 comments:

Margie said...

I don't know you at all, i think I found your website because my friends are adopting from Rwanda too. I'm waiting to love some Rwandan babies too!

I am praying for you, it seems that you are completely frustrated, and I can imagine why, but please remember that your child is God's child, and His timing is PERFECT! That this will all work out for HIS good, and that being your good too, though, I can imagine you are anxious to love your baby too!

My friend read 'it is not always when we have something that we celebrate'. You know, God gave you part of His vision to adopt His baby, to get to love like He does, and that is TRULY something to celebrate.

God loves you, and I will be praying for you!

raguzzi said...

i found your blog randomly on line while doing some research on rwandan adoptions. my husband & i live in pgh pa & have just recently decided to adopt- for many of the same reasons you initially mentioned in your blog- and i would love to talk with you about your experiences (positive & neg) opinions and any suggestions you might have to offer.
we are debating on whether using an agency vs. independently is the better way to go, so i am curious on your exp. with the independent route too.
my email is raguzzi@gmail.com
robyn & steve aguzzi are our names.
i hope to hear from you! and i will keep you all in my prayers as this process continues to unfold.

adrin said...

Really a great post on "Paperwork Tango".

Code is - Legal advice forum   

our visitors