Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Trapped in Nairobi

Well no good news on our visa. We heard from our awesome friend Leta at the state PA adoption clearance center that we apparently passed the Adam walsh screen! We took the letter to the consular today who said that is not tha Adam WALsh screen we need. It's something from the stAte dept. It's an entirely helpless process. We are trying to keep our spirits up but I looks like we will be spending Christmas here alone with Elijah, but we do have a christmas invite to go to a friends village, or spend here at the hotel with friends. So I will have surrogate family. If I could complain to someone here I would, but it's all nameless faceless databases. I DO NOT RECCOMEND NAIROBI FOR ADOPTIONS. I think addis abba must be better than here. They do so many adoptions and everyone who went there is home already. RWanda adoptive families will have to figure out how to get a Ethiopian point of entry visa or visa in advance then go to addis. Nairobi consular crowded, long lines, impersonal, unsympathetic, and to top it all off took my son's toy lobster everytimex we went through security. ReAlly? A toy lobster! ?
I cannot leave Kenya. We are trapped. On the bright side we upgraded our tent today and now have a shower and toilet in our tent. We're movin' on up at the Wildebeest lodge...

4 comments:

Adam, Katie, Levi & Judah said...

Ugh! Ugh!! Ugh!!! We are soooooo sorry Jen and we are praying for you and the rest of your family.
Sending love,
The Dorbands

Jenny said...

oh no!!!! i've been praying for you guys... and i will keep doing so!

Steph and Evan Griffith said...

Oh no...I'm so sorry that you are stuck there for Christmas. I'll keep praying for the visa to go through as soon as possible.

Susan said...

I just went through Nairobi to bring my Moses home from Rwanda, and the process couldn't have been easier. How odd. In fact, I'd given us a cushion of time, and then we found ourselves stuck in Nairobi with all the paperwork done (basically in three days), but having to wait five more days to leave.

our visitors