Friday, September 18, 2009

Buy Dis for bruder-sister

Well, no news on our referral. I emailed our POA (power-of-attorney) Peter 3 days ago but haven't heard anything yet. What I have found is that our daughter has "discovered" a new way to get what she wants at a store. She looks up at me with big eyes and says "Mommy, buy dis for bruder-sister from Wanda (rwanda.) Of course I can't say no to that! I think she is certainly aware that a baby will be "coming to live at our house" some time in the future. While Bill and I do complete flips daily on whether or not to bring her along on this tremendous journey, at least we know either way she is aware of what is going on. We would love to hear from anyone who has brought small children to this part of the world to help weigh in on this weighty decision, or better yet, if we have any volunteers to go with us to help out that would be an ideal way for us to travel!
We'll keep the blog world posted on progress!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hey Thanks so much for posting about your independant adoption. Do you mind if I add that to my post?
I too am debating about taking my 2 boys with me on our trip. I have taken them out of country before so I know how crazy it can be if we have travel delays, but especially reading the blogs of the 3 families already over there- I just don't know.
I too am hoping that my parents might be willing to volunteer and come along.

Keep me posted on what you decide or what others tell you about bringing children with them to pick up their child.
Good Luck- hope you hear news soon!
You are still in our prayers!

our visitors