Sunday, September 13, 2009

Holding God's hand

I have a cute story about my little girl, who is 25 months old, and her thoughts on the adoption. The other night we were falling asleep in the bed (we were on a mini vacation so she was sharing the bed with us) and I was talking to her about the adoption of her brother or sister. As I held her little hand, I said "see how mommy holds your hand when you fall asleep? Your little brother - sister (as we call him/her ) doesn't have anyone to hold his hand so we are going to go and bring him to our house. She was quiet for a minute and then said "Brother sister hold God's hand, mommmy." This was out of the blue, and I could feel tears in my eyes and said "you're right sweetie, brother-sister holds God's hand." This sentimental moment was quickly changed to a laugh when I asked her what she wants to name him/her and she was quiet for awhile, then after some thought whispered "Froggy Froggy Ribbit Ribbit". That made my night :)

No adoption news, but we're so exicted, stalking blogs like crazy for the 3 families in Rwanda now and emailing with others whose dossiers sit on Veronique's desk...

4 comments:

Gayla said...

oh! that made my heart skip a beat!!! how beautiful...

Tina Harriman said...

So Precious...from the mouthes of babes!

Jamie said...

I love that. How sweet. Children know so much.
I just got your comment. That is awesome that you are thinking of adopting from China as well. The company we are going with is Great Wall China Adoption or gwca.com.
I am doing two adoptions with them now. Both China and Rwanda. I would look into it. Even if you don't use an agency at least they can point you in the right direction.
But I agree it is a good time to apply now as the wait can be long. I am hoping (as many other people are hoping) that China will soon change their policies and let more adoptions take place each month.
All of my paperwork is in China and I have already received the approval. I am just now waiting for the referral (which is still a couple years away). So please feel free to ask me anything!
That is so exciting that you have your Rwandan approval. I keep checking on your family every day to see if you have your referral.
Your family is in our prayers.
I'm so thankful for all the amazing famlies out there with blogs that we can follow!!!
(sorry such a long post!)

Alison McLennan said...

How incredibly beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

our visitors