Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Elijah at Disney



Just wanted to post a quick photo of Elijah meeting Mickey mouse for the first time- this giant mickey was at the airport, but he immediately recognized him and said "mou mouse". I love this photo of him. It's stored in my mind right beside the one of my skinny, weak son in a dark room filled with baby's cries, wearing a threadbare dirty onesie at the orphanage. I don't ever want to take for granted how blessed we all are, or forget how our brothers and sisters across the world live. But what a happy time for all of us and a transformative 6 months this has been.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen! I have really enjoyed reading your blog. We are just about ready to send our dossier to Rwanda, and although I find all of the blogs very interesting and inspiring, I wanted to reach out to you because we are also not using a placement agency. If you have any words of wisdom I would love to hear from you! Elijah is adorable- congratulations.
Megan Frank
megfrank1@yahoo.com

our visitors