Monday, November 2, 2009

rwanda update

look like all the info is in but they have not had time to send it- this is the letter i got from our POA.

Today I went to the ministry to check with Velonique. She said she has already received the info. for the children, she was not able to send them due to many other responsibilities she has. I shared with her how the parents eagerly want to see the faces of their children,, she promised to have them sent ASAP this week. So there is more time to wait and pray. I asked her to give them to me so I just scan them and send them to you but this is not possible.. so... . I even told her that the court will be closed by December , that if possible the parents would come this Months ,...

I also went to the orphanage to ask if there is posibilities of staying with the child before the court. The nuns said it is not possible but that I needed to ask at the ministry.
Going back to the ministry, they said that is not possible to stay with the child in the hotel till the final letter ( To who it may concern letter).
You can however go visit, spend a day with your child but not taking him or her to saty in hotel.

Jen, The court date always depends on the number of the cases the court has to work on. But the maxmmum would be four weeeks.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

oh this must be KILLING you! praying that she gets a move on with sending you your info and pictures of your new kiddo!!!

KLTTX said...

Hi. I just stumbled across your blog in my Rwandan adoption research. I really hope your get your referral soon and are able to travel this month. I would love to "talk" to you about your experience as we are considering a Rwandan adoption. If you were to do it again wOuld you go the independent route or go with an agency? What benefits did you find going the independent route? There is not a lot out there on the process in Rwanda given it is relatively new so we are trying to figure out what route to take. Thanks.

Brooke Sikula said...

Jen, could you email me theinfo on your poa? He sounds fabulous! My husband and I are in the process of getting our dossier together and need to hire a poa soon! Any info would be much appreciated!
Zebracandy at yahoo dot com

our visitors