Friday, December 12, 2008

Slow as molasses but moving on.

Well, after calling the homeland security number yesterdayand being bounced around more times than a rubber ball on a tramploine, I managed to get through to deportations office in philly. I told her, no- I was looking for importations. She laughed at that then managed to connecct me to another office, who connected me to ANOTHER person who was, SUPRISE, officer Copestick who handles all the 600a adoption forms. The MAN. And he was none to happy that a peon who hadn't even filed yet managed to get his direct line. After yelling at me my pathetic sniveling and groveling connected to his humanity and he answered my question, which was, can i send my passport or a passport copy instead of the birth certificate, to which the answer was "Yes" Well, yes to copy or yes to original? I was too scared to ask and press my good luck at getting through to a real human of authority so I took the YES and ran.

So, I sent a notorized passport copy off today with our marriage cet and bill's Birth cert and 830$ in cool hard personal check. Let's hope it works!

I also got ANOTHER physical today and blood draw for the HIV/HEPB/HEPC/SYPHYLIS/CBC/ scurvy, rickets, goiter, cooties, ebola, mad cow, and Rabies testing. (I actually did get the rabies antibody test, but that's an unrealted story:) That's all the blood work the home study lady failed to tell me i needed the FIRST time they almost made me pass out from my blood draw.

Finally, we did the online payment at "cogent" for PA fingerprinting. We will still need federal fingerprinting, and this is in addition to my NJ state fingerprints already on file in cyberspace somewhere for my professional license. Can't These burocrats CONSOLIDATE and COMMUNICATE? Egads!

So pray that the INS accepts my notorized passport in place of my MIA CA birth cert., and we can move forward once again.

Finally, one last note, my Cat husband Brown Mouse's breath has been restored to the freshness of a mountain spring after removing his stank tooth on wednesday. After a tense morning in the clinic, the techs all breathed a sigh of relief when he awoke from surgery healthy and happy and I allowed taking and laughing again. I can kiss him on the lips again. Mwahaha!

No comments:

our visitors