Sunday, December 14, 2008

Waiting and waiting

After a lovely evening in front of the exciting "christmas Yule Log" on TV writing Christmas cards (have you seen the Yule log? endless action as the fire crackels, exciting drama as you wonder, is it going to repeat itself? and if so, will I know the difference?) we are going to bed. I announced the news of our Paper Pregnancy in all the cards tonight, and I couldn't help but wonder what the extended family's reaction will be. Many family members are Christians, so I hope they understand we feel God's plan is in action. But sometimes people's emotions overpower their Christ-centered heart as we have already discovered with our immediate family. So we pray the news is greeted with the same excitment and joy we are feeling. I did write one card with a heavy heart, to my Great aunt. Her sister was my Grandma Dot,who actually led a widow's ministry at our church for years and grew it to several hundred followers in her newsletter, Widow's indeed. She sponsored a widow in Uganda for years too. I wish I could tell her our adoption news. I think she would be so thrilled to know we are following God's call to action and that she would be having another grandchild. She was a powerful woman of God. I know she would be so happy for us.
Did I mention I looked online and found out that my CA Birth cert should be here TUESDAY?? Wow. Thank God, since I will need it for the homestudy Dec 28.

No comments:

our visitors